Skip to main content

Prostitute, entertainer in court over alleged N1.6m theft

prostitutes

prostitutes

A prostitute and an entertainer, both aged 22, who allegedly stole property valued at N1.6 million, on Wednesday appeared before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court.

The prostitute, Emmanuel Carol and Precious Aboh, who claimed to be into entertainment, are facing a five-count charge bordering on conspiracy, stealing and attempted murder.

Carol resides at the Oshodi area of Lagos, and Aboh lives at No. 15, Olaore St., Mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos.

The prosecutor, Insp. Ezekiel Ayorinde, said that the duo stole gold chains, wrist watches and phones all valued at N1.6 million from Mr Darlington Ezenwaka on Nov. 15 at about 11.30p.m. at Church St., along Oshodi road, Oshodi, Lagos.

Ayorinde said that the accused conspired with four others still at large to assault and rob the complainant.

“The complainant, a returnee from the United States of America, left to a club somewhere around Oshodi in company of his friend, Mr Madu Izuchukwu.

The complainants were robbed of their valuable possessions on their way back by unknown people who attacked them with broken bottles, making them to sustain grievous bodily injuries.

According to the prosecutor, the accused were caught by Police on patrol, while the others escaped.

“After a series of interrogations, it was discovered that Carol was an ex- girlfriend to the complainant’s friend, Izuchukwu,’’ the prosecutor said.

He said that the accused ganged up with others to beat up the complainant and her ex- boyfriend and dispossess them of their valuables.

He noted that the offences contravened Sections 228, 243, 244, 285, and 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
The section provides for three years’ imprisonment for convicted thieves.

The two accused pleaded not guilty to the five-count charge preferred against them.

Chief Magistrate Omolade Awope admitted the accused to bail in the sum of N1 million each and two sureties each.

Awope directed that the sureties must be gainfully employed and show evidence of two years’ tax payment to the Lagos State Government.

The chief magistrate then adjourned the case to Dec. 5, for mention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pope not involved in Colombian peace deal- Vatican

Pope Francis Pope Francis has turned down a request to play a role in the peace deal between the Colombian government and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) rebel group. The Vatican in a statement issued on Wednesday in in Vatican City said that an invitation was sent to his Holiness in early August to appoint a representative to participate in the committee that selected the judges for the talks. The statement said that though Pope Francis supported the peace process, he, however, reiterated that he would not get involved in Colombian peace deal. It said that Pope was praying for the enlightenment of the hearts and minds of those who were called to promote the common good of the Colombian nation. A deal was announced last week, putting an end to five decades of internal conflict between government forces and the FARC rebels. The agreement, which needed to be ratified through a referendum in Oct. 2, would entail setting up a special court to grant amnesties or pu...

Houthis Claim Attack on Central Israel in Response to Gaza ‘Massacres’

The ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas has taken a concerning regional turn as the Houthi rebels in Yemen claimed responsibility for an attack on central Israel. The group announced this as part of their escalating response to what they describe as "massacres" in Gaza amid the Israeli military’s operations in the strip. Details of the Attack The Houthis, a Shiite militant group with ties to Iran, declared that they launched missile and drone strikes targeting Israel. While the exact impact of these attacks remains unclear, reports suggest that Israel’s defense systems intercepted several threats over its airspace. This marks a significant escalation as the Houthis widen their involvement in the conflict beyond their typical operations within Yemen and neighboring Saudi Arabia. The Houthis’ Justification In their statement, the Houthis framed the attack as retaliation for Israel’s military actions in Gaza, which they characterized as indiscriminate bombings resultin...

Fall of Assad is a Blow to Russia's Prestige

The potential fall of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, a long-standing ally of Russia, would mark a turning point in Moscow’s global influence, particularly in the Middle East. Steve Rosenberg’s analysis underscores the profound implications for Russia, which has invested heavily—both militarily and politically—in ensuring Assad’s survival over the past decade. This article delves into why Assad’s downfall would strike at the core of Russian prestige and what it could mean for the broader geopolitical landscape. Russia's Strategic Commitment to Syria Since the outbreak of the Syrian civil war in 2011, Russia has been a staunch supporter of Assad's regime. In 2015, Moscow launched a military intervention that proved decisive in stabilizing Assad’s hold on power. This intervention solidified Russia's role as a key power broker in the Middle East and demonstrated its willingness to project military power far beyond its borders. Syria is not just an ally for Russia; it is a...